This course aims to setup/usage a Network Management System that can monitor bandwidth, CPU/RAM/HDD usage, Process & Services, Log message, etc that running on network devices such switch, router, firewall, servers and other devices that support SNMP protocol. In-band and out-of-band management also including into this course. For familiar with the course please find out the below question:
- How do you know your internet gateway is down?
- Which internet link used most?
- Which office used all the bandwidth?
- What is the current load on your border router?
- Which most IPs targeting your server?
- What are the Protocols that heavily used in your network?
- Why your router is slow response? what is the CPU and RAM usage?
- How often do you backup your configuration file to TFTP server? manual or automate?
You will learn how to setup free open source monitoring tools such as Cacti, Zabbix, Ntop, Nagios and Weathermap that widely used in many network enterprise system. You also learn how to configure your network devices (switch, router, firewall, etc) to send SNMP, Syslog message, Netflow to your Network Management System (NMS).